"The book title is referring to my theory that in order to lose weight, you have to strip away your excuses, your bad mind-set, your bad outlook to achieve whatever lifestyle goal you have," she says. "It teaches you how to look at your whole body — and your whole life — in a different way."
Metcalf, whose book features a 28-day workout program, doesn't believe in the doctrine of "no pain, no gain." ("That's no way to live your life," she says.) She insists you can change your body with just 10 minutes of exercise a day.
Chew on that.
'Weight loss is 100% mindset and 100% moving, every day," she says. "Even if it's only for 10 minutes. Doing 10 minutes of movement or strengthening or vigorous walking will make you feel different and cause your metabolism to change."
Still not convinced? Metcalf outlines one of her regimens — walking — below, and promises results.
"If you're honest with yourself about your goals, you will be successful and you WILL be happy," she says. "And then, you'll want to be naked, really naked!"
WALK YOUR WAY TO NAKED FITNESS
One secret to success on Naked Fitness is walking two hours a day. You may think, "Two hours
a day? That's not possible!"
But before you protest, let me reassure you that walking two hours a day is not only doable, but honestly is very easy to do. Nor is it time-consuming, because most of the time you'll be "sneaking" your walk into your day.
There are many ways to reach the two-hour target. Some are familiar, but as more of my clients have started walking two hours a day, they've found very inventive ways to do it. They suggest:
- Take the farthest parking space.
- Take the stairs.
- Walk your dog.
- Break up walking into different activities: 30 minutes on a treadmill, 30 minutes on a stair-stepping machine, 30 minutes on an elliptical or 30 minutes of walking during your lunch hour.
- Walk in place or on a treadmill while watching TV.
- Take your clients for a long walk instead of "doing lunch."
- Walk around when you're waiting for a bus, airplane, train or other appointment.
- Schedule walking meetings instead of group sit-downs in stuffy rooms.
- Walk while you shop. Mall walking is a great way to sneak in exercise.
- Take some fun aerobics classes, such as Latin dancing or hip-hop. These count toward your daily walking quota because they are aerobic and help you burn fat.
- Walk while on your cell phone.
- Deliver memos on foot instead of emailing nearby co-workers.
- Compete in charity walks. The moment you enroll, you'll have a new sense of purpose and a concrete goal that will push you to achieve more.